Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mango Swirl Cheesecake

It's Mother's Day and what better (and sweeter) way for me to say '"I love you, Mom" than to make her a cake!

We have an abundance of mangoes this season so I thought of making a fresh Mango Cheesecake. It's a refreshing, light treat for hot summer days.

The crust is a mixture of flour, butter, graham crumbs and coconut.





The cream cheese filling is made with fresh mangoes and mango puree. The taste will hugely depend on the kind of mangoes you put in it. This came out sweet and tangy, which I think is a good combination. It's not too sweet that you wouldn't want to take another slice!






On top, I drizzled mango puree and swirled it around with a knife to get that marbled effect. I also added some fresh mango slices. I would have put whipped cream if I had some on hand for that final touch.







This took me an hour to prep, an hour and a half to bake, another hour to cool to room temp, and 18 hours to chill! Only for you, Mom!




0 comments:

Post a Comment